Thank you for volunteering your time and efforts. Volunteers are essential to maintaining a positive and instructive experience for our players and families. The MYF would not exist without volunteers like you. This area of the website is intended to help Coaches and Team Managers obtain the information they need and to improve communications to all volunteers and parents.
All Coaches should complete the online registration process on this web site. From this web page, "Coaches Corner" follow the steps below
1) Start the online Coach Registration process from the link at the left side of the page
2) Verify the age notification and Continue.
3) Sign In to the user account of the adult registering. (If you know the email address but forgot your password, the system can email you a password upon request. If you have forgotten the email address for your account, email Volunteer.MYF@gmail.com for assistance.)
If the adult registering does NOT have his/her own site account, sign in using the adult email address and the corresponding account password previously used to register your related child. You will be able to add an adult to your family account using the instructions below. NOTE: if your children have ever registered with MYF, do NOT create a new family account at this point in the process. Start with your existing family account used to register your children to maintain linkages between your family adults and your children.
4) After you have signed in, you will see the list of your family members. Select the adult (YOU) to register and click Register. If YOU are not listed, click Add Adult. Complete at least the 1) required information indicated by the * character, 2) Email Address and 3) Date of Birth. Click Submit at bottom of page and resume the registration process.
5) You will be directed to our online background check system. Please follow the prompts and complete the background check information.
6) After completing the background check click the button to return to registration and complete the registration questions and inputs then click Submit at bottom of page.
6) If you need to return to Coach registration after completing your registration, click on edit my account to update your registration for the 2018 season and select MYF Staff Registration listed next to your name to update.
Head Coach candidates must be interviewed and approved by the MYF Board of Directors. Among other factors, the Board will consider the football playing and the youth coaching experience of candidates.
Assistant Coaches are selected by their Head Coach, subject to review by the MYF Board of Directors.
Each Coach and Team Manager must be at least 18 years of age.
All Coaches and must agree to and complete a background check.
Each Coach must earn a certificate of concussion training which must be renewed every three years, not expiring until after a season end. (This is required by the State of Ohio. See O.R.C. 3707.511 (C)(1) available at http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3707.511). Qualified, free on-line concussion training courses include
National Federation of State High School Associations: http://nfhslearn.com/courses
Center of Disease Control: http://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training
Coaches must be NYSCA trained at https://www.nays.org/coaches. The MYF will reimburse active MYF Head and Assistant Coaches once every five years for a recently completed NYSCA course.
Coaches must be USA Football certified.
Coaches must abide by the “MASON YOUTH FOOTBALL RULES AND REGULATIONS” a copy of which is available on this website, in the MYF Document Library. Coaches must at all times use good safety practices in regard to players’ health and security.
Each team is limited to 8 sideline Coaches.